Contractors All risks Insurance


We have a construction project and we need advice about the type of covers we should acquire.
What are the risks that we will be facing?



The CAR insurance can be taken out for all building and civil engineering projects such as :

residential and office buildings, hospitals, schools, theatres, factories, power plants, road and railway facilities, airports, bridges, dams, weirs, tunnels, water supply and drainage systems, canals, harbors…

The following causes could be covered under CAR insurance:

fire, lightning, explosion, crashing aircraft, extinguishing water or other fire fighting measures, flood, inundation, rain, snow, avalanche, tsunami, windstorm of any kind, earthquake, subsidence, landslide, collapse, theft, burglary, bad workmanship, lack of skill, negligence, malicious acts or human error.

CAR insurance can also cover loss, damage or destruction of building materials, construction machinery and construction plant and equipments even occurring during on-site transportation, immediate storage, or during assembly or disassembly.

CAR insurance could be extended to cover:

Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion.

Cross Liability.

Maintenance Visits or Extended Maintenance.

Overtime, Night Work and Express Freight.


Off-site Storage.

Inland Transit.

Designer’s Risk.

Contract Works Taken Over or Put into Service.

Existing Property.


Also this insurance includes a third party liability cover section.